Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Big Dreams

There is no better feeling than having a positive impact on a child's life. There was a boy, I'd say about 5/6 years-old. He was a family member of one of the patient's on the floor. As I came into the room to take vitals, he asked if he could watch me from the big chair and ask questions. When I said that it was okay, he was fascinated as he watched me hook up the BP machine to his grandpa's arm. As he sat there, I heard him ask what I wanted to be when I was a grownup, I explained how I wanted to become a doctor and save lives. After about two minutes, the little boy came over and hugged my legs saying thank you for 'saving' his grandpa, even though I was checking his vitals. It was one of the purest and most genuine thanks I've ever gotten. It's that feeling of happiness that drives me to become a doctor!

No comments:

Post a Comment