Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Conversation

There isn't anything that really goes on a Monday at the hospital. Patients are either going home or being admitted. However, some patients do like to start the week on a good note and try to become friends with the nurses and staff.

For example, there was this one patient who just came back from open heart surgery. While bringing his food, we ended up having a genuine conversation about life and how things changed over the years. He was a sweet man and his wife eventually came and sat down with me. The short conversation I had with him made me realize that the future is changing and not many people stop to have a genuine conversation. He said, and I quote, "You know, if you stop to have a conversation with someone the way you put everything down and came to me, there will be opportunities crawling your way." He chuckled and laughed and told me that I was becoming a fine lady and how I'd get far in life.

Not only did that boost my mood, it made me feel great that I was able to make his day a bit brighter as well. There wasn't any sugar-coated lies and what not. The couple I was able to talk to started the week bright and it was a great feeling when he waved back at my as his wife drove away.

No comments:

Post a Comment